Solved

IAP promo code redemptions appearing as purchases in the RC console

• 1 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

I have distributed a bunch of promo codes for my IAPs. When these promo codes are redeemed, they appear as normal purchases in revenue cat console. I can’t tell them apart from actual purchases. Is it possible to discern one from the other in the console?

icon

Best answer by tina 2 March 2022, 20:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Matt Grayson 

Are you referring to Apple Promo Codes or Apple Offer Codes? From the description, it sounds like Offer Codes, just wanted to confirm here first.

Badge +4

@tina In-App Purchase Promo Codes. I have non-consumable IAPs.

I generate the codes from App Store Connect > My Apps > app > Services > Promo Codes > In-App Purchase Promo Codes > 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Matt Grayson 

Thank you for clarifying! Due to Apple limitations, IAP Promo Codes are treated as a regular purchase. For reference, we have this in our docs: https://docs.revenuecat.com/docs/ios-subscription-offers#types-of-subscription-offers Currently it’s not possible to separate regular purchases from IAP Promo Codes in RevenueCat. Apologizes for the inconvenience here. 

Badge +4

Okay, thanks for the info, Tina.

Badge +3

+1 for the feature request

Badge +6

Is it possible to mark this purchases as promo code so this don’t get counted agains the MMR for RC billing plans? If we have an expensive Lifetime purchase, that can take us to the next paying tresshold without receiving any revenue

Badge +3

Please, make feature for marking purchase as promo code for not counting revenue