Question

How to run experiments only on the latest app version?

• 4 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello, I’m looking to run an experiment that offers a free trial for the first time. I just released an update that includes verbiage on my paywall about the free trial if one exists on a package.

What will users who don’t have my latest update experience when I start the experiment? Will the experiment be served to the non-latest version of the app? I do not want the offering with a trial served to existing users because it’s not a true experiment without the updates to my paywall.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @ehynds !

Only new customers are enrolled, so old customers wont notice anything different and can expect a similar flow. New customers will be enrolled regardless of their version as of now. One thing that will help you hear and you can expect to see in the future is explicit filtering by app version which is a feature that we are currently working on, so be on the lookout for this to release! 

Badge +3

Thanks @Michael Fogel, this sounds great. Do you have a rough estimate on when we might see it, e.g. within the next few weeks or if it’s months away? Trying to decide if it’s worth waiting for.