Skip to main content
Question

How to implement dicount code for IOS and Android using react native

• 7 August 2024
  • 1 reply

How can I implement discount code in a way to let user enter a code in the app and it can be applied directly from the app for subscription and not led user to App Store to redeem it manually.

I’m using react native and I managed to implement full subscription model but now I cannot create any kind of discount code that will work like this: 

Hi @Upstrive,

Are you looking for a system outside of the store's promo code system? Apple and Google both allow promo code generation for in-app purchases, although they cannot be manually managed (it's managed via the store directly). Apple Offer codes can be redeemed within the app without redirecting to the App Store but the redemption sheet can be unreliable: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/subscription-guidance/subscription-offers/ios-subscription-offers#2-redeeming-an-offer-code

If you're looking for a custom solution, RevenueCat doesn't have a code-system like what you're describing, but you might be able to make something custom using our Granted Entitlements system. These entitlements can be granted and revoked via the API from your server for specific users, so if a user enters one of the codes you want them to use, you could grant them access for a certain duration and/or revoke when you need to. That being said, if these activities are only unlocked by in-app purchases otherwise, this type of custom code system may violate App Store review guidelines (3.1.1) and you may need to get clarity from Apple directly.