Question

How does the app store integration work from a high level perspective?

• 14 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Upon reading the documentation and the various integrations and features that it offers, it is not very clear to me if this is primarily a wrapper for interacting with the stores (Google Play/App Store), or if this is a whole other platform that I would have to manually configure and add products.
Related questions:
- where do I get the money from in-app products sold via this SDK? (the app stores or this platform?)
- how are products managed? (directly from the app stores, or synced with this platform, or manually?)
I would like to have a better overview before I get started with investing a lot of time coding this SDK into my app (I am evaluating the perspectives for migrating from another cordova plugin which had some complicated breaking changes that involve a lot of refactoring as well)

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I see we discussed this in a support ticket, but for anyone reading this:

RevenueCat provides an SDK that functions as a wrapper around Apple/Google/Amazon/Stripe products so that you can use one code base for all of your subscriptions/products. You have to configure products in those stores, and the stores will be the ones that process payments and pay you proceeds.

where do I get the money from in-app products sold via your SDK? (the app stores or your platform?)

From the app stores

how are products managed? (directly from the app stores, or synced with your platform, or manually?)

The app stores determine the ground truth (renewed, cancelled, etc), RevenueCat validates this on the receipt, then you can manage things like unlocking features, granting a refund (on Google), etc on RevenueCat