Solved

Free time-limited trials iOS

• 7 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,
I need to implement a free trial period for a paid iOS app. How do I check if the trial period has expired with RevenueCat ?

icon

Best answer by cody 7 September 2021, 18:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Maurizio,

Trials are automatically applied to subscription products once it is set up as an Introductory Offer as detailed here, and will only allow a user to redeem a trial once for a product. Trials cannot be set up for the paid iOS apps themselves - only a per in-app-product basis.

Regarding subscription period/status, RevenueCat will handle this trial period automatically and will unlock any associated entitlements, and you can check subscription status to see if the user currently has access to an entitlement (whether via a trial or purchased subscription).

Badge +3

Hi Cody,
for my app I have already implemented a subscription with introductory offer and thanks to RevenueCat everything was very smooth. For the same app, I would also like to give the user the option to purchase it for life.

However, I would like to give the user the option to try the app for fourteen days before purchasing it. I was thinking of creating a non-consumable in-app purchase at $0 as Apple recommends and linking it to RevenueCat.

On that note, thank you for tracking down the post I requested, I am very grateful. If you have any more advice or even some examples, other material regarding my request I would really appreciate it. 

Badge +4

Hello, we set up free trial period on our backend, and not as introductory offer via apple.

That gives us problem that revenuecat dashboard does not see our free trial users until they make a purchase.  

Is there a way we can send user info to revenuecat before user purchases subscription?

Badge +3

Hello, we set up free trial period on our backend, and not as introductory offer via apple.

That gives us problem that revenuecat dashboard does not see our free trial users until they make a purchase.  

Is there a way we can send user info to revenuecat before user purchases subscription?

Hi Marko, same issue here… did you find how to solve this?

Cheers

Badge +3

Hi Marko, same issue here… did you find how to solve this?

Cheers

Hi! I talked to support about this and is not possible to overwrite the “current trials” indicators, but we can send the info via user property.