Solved

Does https://api.revenuecat.com/v1/receipts acknowledge subscriptions on android?

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

We are in the process of migrating old subscriptions to revenuecat and will do this as we release a new version of our app. We will use the receipts API to migrate all old receipts and I think the documentation is clear it can be used for this.

My concern is regarding new purchases of users on the old version of the app, when we have also released the new version. The purchases on the old version will go to our backend and in the old version they would be forwarded and acknowledged straight to google play API, but since we’re moving to revenuecat we would instead like to directly forward the purchase token to revenuecat, and not have to bother with the acknowledging.

1. Will RC acknowledge tokens sent via this API or do RC only acknowledge tokens sent directly from google pub/sub to RC?
  1. Should I forward these new purchases at all or just wait for RC to get the message from google pub/sub?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by MarcosC 21 June 2023, 19:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @olof-h 

> We will use the receipts API to migrate all old receipts and I think the documentation is clear it can be used for this.

Yes, great :D

> Will RC acknowledge tokens sent via this API or do RC only acknowledge tokens sent directly from google pub/sub to RC?

We acknowledge those Google purchases that were not acknowledge before when they are sent to our API.

> Should I forward these new purchases at all or just wait for RC to get the message from google pub/sub?

Yes, for new purchases that you get from old devices, post them to the receipts endpoint 

Hope it helps :) - if you have any other doubt or issue, let me know

Badge +3

Thanks for the help! :)

Badge +2

Hi there!

Regarding our ticket #28392, RC doesn't acknowledge Google purchases.
» 

Thanks for reaching out! The SDK is the entity that would handle acknowledging subscriptions - if you're not implementing the SDK and only utilizing the REST API then yes, you'll need to acknowledge transactions yourself.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Could you please clarify that moment?