Skip to main content

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share an issue I’m experiencing with RevenueCat in my app, which is currently in closed testing. Yesterday, I made two purchases using a real credit card to check how things work in production mode. Up until now, I had only tested with Google Play’s test cards, and everything worked perfectly in sandbox mode.

The issue is that while the payments were processed correctly (each purchase was under 1 USD), when I checked the "Overview" section in RevenueCat, it recorded a total of 30 USD, which doesn’t make sense. Both transactions are listed as if they were 14.99 USD each.

This seems strange since everything worked as expected in sandbox mode, and the amounts were recorded correctly. Has anyone experienced something similar or have any idea why this might be happening?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I’m attaching some screenshots to provide more evidence of what I’m describing.

This is one of the transactions, and the amount is 0.53

This is what the purchase response returns

{
"app_id": "app2ede9daf7b",
"app_user_id": "6bf2fnXzHtO2RQE7r626bfhiijp2",
"country_code": "VE",
"currency": "USD",
"entitlement_ids": e
"curso_05"
],
"environment": "PRODUCTION",
"event_timestamp_ms": 1727224766701,
"expiration_at_ms": null,
"is_family_share": false,
"offer_code": null,
"presented_offering_context": {},
"presented_offering_id": "cursoprueba",
"price": 14.99,
"price_in_purchased_currency": 14.99,
"product_id": "curso_05",
"purchased_at_ms": 1727224759478,
"renewal_number": null,
"store": "PLAY_STORE",
"takehome_percentage": 0.85,
"transaction_id": "GPA.3365-5384-6381-33866"
}

Hi, could you please open a ticket with RevenueCat support here and provide screenshots of the Google Play Console Order page for GPA.3365-5384-6381-33866? It is possible that this could be a sandbox issue or related to what Google is sending in the receipt versus what is being displayed in the screenshot you have shown here.