Question

Could not validate subscription API permission

• 13 June 2023
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Been getting this error after adding the service account credential JSON, I’ve made sure that I followed the documentation: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/creating-play-service-credentials but haven’t been able to resolve this.

23 replies

same here, only started yesterday but have started from afresh quite a few times and still getting same error

Badge +2

Likewise. I have been getting the same error when trying to setup in-app purchases on android, having gone through the proper documentation. (See screenshot below). Initially thought I needed to wait 36hours, but having waited now over 48hours, I think it might be something else.

Can I confirm whether you are both setting this up for a new project?

Badge +2

How did you guys solve it, i am also stuck here

Badge +1

I am also stuck, its been more than 48 hours and nothing. Any luck anyone? 

Badge +2

I still can't a way to fix it, i contacted the revenue cat support and this is what they replied, when i try to enable debug it throws a warning unhandled promise rejecttion, undefined is not a function, don't know what's causing these issues to happen

***I have a couple of quick questions: How long has it been since your credentials were uploaded and can you please try to create a test purchase on your app? Sometimes this cant be unchecked until a test purchase is made and seen on RevenueCat. Also, what is the project ID for this app? 

Could you send debug logs that reproduce this? You can enable debug logs by following this guide. After they're enabled you'll see logs like this in the console:

[Purchases] - DEBUG: No cached entitlements, fetching
[Purchases] - DEBUG: GET /v1/subscribers/<APP_USER_ID> 200
[Purchases] - DEBUG: Purchaser info updated, sending to delegate

Please ensure the debug logs include the entire app life-cycle, including the messages printed during initialization of the SDK. The more information you include here, the better we'll be able to help.***

Badge +2

Please let me know if you find a way to fix it

Badge +1

I have the same issue, Followed exactly same set of steps as documentation for my new application and the validation error pops up when I add json key file even after 24 Hrs of wait time.

Badge +2

lo luck  yet

Badge +2

Hi Guys, I found a solution.

This involves publishing the new app to playstore in a closed track so revenuecat is forced to have a visibility in subscription api request.

Simply follow the instructions at the following link (just for the android section):

After publishing your new app to “closed track”, it will take some time before this is approved. I did mine last night, and luckily it was approved when I checked this morning. And everything is now working smoothly as intended.

Good luck! :)

Badge +2

Great, thankyou for letting us know

Badge +3

Hi, guys, I’m stuck in this point  "Could not validate Subscription API Permission", someone have any found solution ,? Thanks 

Badge +2

Hi, guys, I’m stuck in this point  "Could not validate Subscription API Permission", someone have any found solution ,? Thanks 

Check the answer above of @inimaga 

Badge +1

@inimaga can you provide more info about the solution.sorry for this i am beginner

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi All,

Could not validate Subscription API Permission means that RC does not have enough information to confirm that the credentials are valid to validate a subscription. The way to solve it would be to try a purchase in sandbox with your app

Badge +1

Hii i posted about problems i am experiencing with subscriptions api not being validated.so u suggested me to try sandbox testing.so my questions is can i do that while my app uses android.i tried to even to get offerings with react native but i get error "[Error: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.]" so i dont weather its because of that subscription issue or what?.

thank you for your time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Yeah, you need to try a purchase in sandbox. When trying to list offerings you get the error `[Error: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.]` ? What is the underlying error?

The keys configured in RevenueCat are not used for listing offerings. Offerings uses the products configured in RevenueCat and tries to load them from Google Play

Badge +1

hi  @MarcosC  thank you attempting  to help me. 

To everybody  experiencing  the  same problem the issue resolved after google play store approve the app in  closed  testing.

Badge +1

not for me I publish the app and Could not validate subscriptions API permissions still here… 

I make some reviews and all the config its fine… 

and we make another similar app, same config and this one runs great…. nothing is different

Hi;

@inimaga After doing what he said it worked. thanks

Badge +6

Hi Guys, I found a solution.

This involves publishing the new app to playstore in a closed track so revenuecat is forced to have a visibility in subscription api request.

Simply follow the instructions at the following link (just for the android section):

After publishing your new app to “closed track”, it will take some time before this is approved. I did mine last night, and luckily it was approved when I checked this morning. And everything is now working smoothly as intended.

Good luck! :)

I double checked the link above...

Going thru my Appstore submission, why is my test link disabled?

Hello, I am having the same issue “Could not validate subscriptions API permissions” and there is no log at all, just this vague message. How to fix this?

I tried @inimaga ‘s solution to set up a closed testing and it worked out! Maybe it will work for you!

@inimaga solution did not work for me. I uploaded the app to both closed testing and to production last week. Still I am seeing the same error: