Question

Clarification on pricing information with regards to internationalization

• 27 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi there, I currently have some products that are available at certain price points (i.e. $1.00, $2.00, $3.00, etc.) However, when presented to users of other countries, the IAP prices that show up in `offerings.current.availablePackages.map((p) => p.product.price)` show up as the local currency values. One workaround that I can think of is to use the `title` of the product (which I included the USD price on) to parse out the USD price that corresponds with the product, but was wondering if there was any other way?

Also on the webhook side, if they purchased a package in their local currency for 4.99 CAD (which corresponds to my $3.49USD IAP), what would I get on the event side? I know there is a `price` field that is supposed to be the price in USD. Will that give me $3.49 or will it just do a direct currency conversion and end up with some approximate amount like $3.60 or something?

In the end, I want all the tracking to be done in USD 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Justin,

Our dashboard and event prices are all in USD, and we have an additional property in the events called `price_in_purchased_currency` so you can see what they actually paid: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/event-types-and-fields#subscription-lifecycle-events-fields

As for displaying the price to the user, you should just display what the store price gives you so users know what they will pay in there own currency.