We’re implementing RevenueCat and I’m trying to handle this case:
- Install the app, receiving an anonymous ID
- Log into an account with a Provided ID
XYZfor the first time. RevenueCat aliases the Anonymous ID with the Provided ID.
- Switch to a different device and install the app, receiving a new Anonymous ID
- Create a subscription under this Anonymous ID
- Log into the account with Provided ID
If I understand the documentation correctly, RevenueCat will not create a new alias because
XYZ already has an anonymous alias.
XYZ does not have an active subscription, so upon logging in, the PurchaserInfo will indicate that they are not subscribed, and the user loses their entitlements.
This seems to match the behavior I see on-device, but I’m wondering if this is this correct. Shouldn’t
XYZ be aliased? How is this normally handled?
Best answer by sundeepView original