Solved

App Review Rejection - Always validate receipts against the production App Store first.

• 20 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone, 

I have a photo filtering app, and it was working fine for few months. However, on my last update ı got a rejection due to the following screenshot.

Between the last approved update, I only added some new images. I changed nothing about to app’s functionality. 

My guess is that when you accept the In-App Subscription deal it takes some time ( 4-5 seconds) to approve the transaction and close the Pay Wall Sheet. I don’t know why this delay is happening but this must be their cause of rejection.

I am new to the iOS development and I constructed the In-App Purchases part of my app by watching the videos of RevenueCat. I don’t know where to start looking any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading this far have a nice day,

Bora 

icon

Best answer by Michael Fogel 21 December 2022, 23:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey There! 

Unfortunately rejections can happen for a multitude of reasons. We have a useful document that can help you get your app re-approved which can be found here: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/app-store-rejections

As for the not unlocking paid content part, you should be able to reproduce this issue in a test environment.

Double check that you're checking the subscription status correctly and all of the products are added to Entitlements as needed.

Badge +2

Thank you Micheal,

After a few retries my app finally approved. I just want to ask a final question, do you know what is the average time between Tap to paying-Ending of payment and having subscription?. 

I am asking this because I believe mine is taking too much time(4-5 seconds). And since I can only test my own application I dont know that my average time is normal or abnormal.

Have a nice day,

Bora

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Bora Korkut Happy new years! 

I am happy to hear that your app got approved! As for average time between Tap to paying I do not have an estimate on this as it can vary from different factors (internet connection, receipts, etc...). If you are testing with the same sandbox user and noticing a long time this might be the result of the receipt being long, so I recommend creating a new sandbox user and testing with that account to see if the purchase time is still as long.