RevenueCat Dashboard not showing user attributes.

• 19 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I would like to report a possible bug found on RevenueCat dashboard, like I wrote recently on another thread which is marked as resolved, even though the bug still persists:

I am using this code to update user name and email, but the changes don’t show up on Customer Profile page for this user on RevenueCat dashboard.

Purchases.setDisplayName(“John Doe”);

Purchases.setEmail(“john@doe.com”);

@goleary confirmed the bug also occurs in his project, and gave more information:

Same here, I’m setting attributes via the REST API, and they show up when I hit the subscriber status endpoint, but they do not show up in the RevenueCat dashboard.

Here’s a link to the other, related discussion: 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @UlyssesAlves

Subscriber attributes are batched together and synced to the backend when the app goes into foreground or comes back from being in the background, or when purchases are made. 

So after you set subscriber attributes, try minimizing your app, wait a couple of seconds, then check the dashboard for that user. 

If that doesn’t work, could you share the debug logs?  Those should help us figure out what’s happening. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, @Andy . Thanks for the reply.

I remember this issue was solved on production some time ago, and that I participated in the validation to help the engineers on RevenueCat to know if the problem was solved in my dashboard.

But now I wonder if this could also be related to my app not passing the user ID to the configure method during startup.

I will wait until I have solved this other issue of configuring and logging in before I can confirm if the user attributes are being correctly updated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

So this would be after a reinstall but before a log in? 

If that’s the case, then it’s likely that the attributes are getting tied to the anonymous user id. If you then log in, the anonymous user id should get aliased to the known user id, and the subscriber attributes would be shared. 

The debug logs should tell us more if that’s not the case for you

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

So this would be after a reinstall but before a log in? 

If that’s the case, then it’s likely that the attributes are getting tied to the anonymous user id. If you then log in, the anonymous user id should get aliased to the known user id, and the subscriber attributes would be shared. 

The debug logs should tell us more if that’s not the case for you

No. This issue of user atributes is not linked to uninstalling the app from the device. I’ll provide the logs if I verify the attributes are still not being sync.