Missing entitlement info in REST API v1 for subscribers

• 21 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have my CURL like so:
```

curl --request GET \

--url https://api.revenuecat.com/v1/subscribers/$RCAnonymousID:<sandboxId> \

--header 'accept: application/json' \

--header 'authorization: Bearer xxxxx [secret, non-public key]

```

In my dashboard I see the sandboxid user and that they have the correct entitlement.

I get this response, missing the entitlement

```

{"request_date":"2023-11-21T15:51:13Z","request_date_ms":1700581873079,"subscriber":{"entitlements":{},"first_seen":"2023-11-21T15:49:30Z","last_seen":"2023-11-21T15:49:30Z","management_url":null,"non_subscriptions":{},"original_app_user_id":"<sandboxid>","original_application_version":null,"original_purchase_date":null,"other_purchases":{},"subscriptions":{}}}

```

This was working for me before. I was able to get the correct entitlement and everything. It seems to have stopped working. Or I did something else wrong.

Any idea what’s going on?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Matthew !

This looks like somewhere in the logic, the user ID that you are passing in is getting cleared out and it is creating a new user ID that is empty so their are no entitlements for that new user ID but the previous sandbox user will still have their entitlements. 

I would make sure that you double check to make sure that you aren't accidentally passing in a null user ID or make sure that you are identifying users correctly so the same app user ID persists throughout the lifecycle of the app! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Michael Fogel looks like the userID isn’t getting cleared out or creating a new userID. The userID is consistent in my curl request, in the app, and on the dashboard. I can see renewals in the dashboard in for the userID, and when I check the userID in the app currently, it’s the same as the dashboard.

Should I open a support ticket so that I can provide my secrets and user Ids?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Opening a support ticket would be great so we can look more into what might be happening here!