Skip to main content
Solved

Local Currency & Currency Symbols

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When designing a RC Paywall, if I use a variable like {{ total_price_and_per_month }} will the dollar sign always be used, or will people in other countries see the price in their currency, with their currency symbol? 

This post has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, the currency is determined by the app store/device so it will not always be a $.

Badge +8

Hi Haley, great thank you! 

Badge +8

A related question: Some areas include additional taxes and some don’t. Is there a RC variable I can use that displays applicable taxes in some way? I don’t see one.

I ask because I often get emails from users that are confused. They click buy for a subscription at $10 (for example), but when they go to pay, they see the cost is $12. Apple doesn’t itemize the cost as far as I know on the check out screen. Maybe I’m missing something / not seeing it because I’m in the US, which I don’t think there are additional taxes. Does Apple itemize the taxes on their checkout screen? Especially if they don’t, it would be very helpful to have a RC variable that displays the cost including tax. Or does the default price variable include tax already and I’m just confused haha? 

Thank you!