Question

Double "New Customers" since July 15

Badge +6

Hi, I released a new version of my apps on July 14. Since July 15, RC is reporting double the new users (500 - 600), but the play console and apple connect is showing the same average users I get this days (200 - 300), I don’t know from where is RC reporting double. I did not change anything in my app logic or upgraded the sdk.

4 replies

Badge +6

Any one can help me? Yesterday I had 77 downloads on Google Play and 10 in iOS, but RC reports 600 new users...

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Armando Jimenez 

New Customers are the total number of unique user identifiers created in a period of time. When the SDK is initialized/identified with a user ID it counts as one user, while calling logOut would reset the user ID to a new anonymous ID (that's considered a new customer).

It's expected that this won't exactly match with the number of installs of your app. RevenueCat customers are based on number of user IDs generated, so if the count seems to be much higher than expected I'd recommend double checking you aren't accidentally calling logOut at some point unexpectedly in your app's lifecycle.

It's also possible users are deleting and reinstalling the app often, which generates a new anonymous ID (anonymous IDs will count separately toward the installs until they are aliased with a provided ID).

Badge +6

Thanks for the answer. I don’t have a log out or generate user ID. This can also happens if I try to init the RC SDK after it has already been init?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Armando Jimenez 

I recommend reaching out to the Support team here so they can further investigate. Some important information for them to know is which RC SDK you’re using (e.g: iOS, Android, a hybrid like React Native), the SDK version, and debug logs.