Question

Google Analytics integration not working

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi. I’m trying to get the Firebase/Google Analytics integration working, but I’m struggling. I have populated the integration config form, and selected the enable sandbox events checkbox. Since I did this, two real users made purchases, triggering the integration and I can see their payloads at the bottom of the integration config screen. Both events were rc_trial_start and they received 204 responses.

When I look in Google Analytics, I don’t see any mention of rc_trial_start and no revenue is recorded against the app. The data streams in Google Analytics appear to be set up correctly. Should I be performing additional configuration inside of GA or should things just start happening as my data comes through?

Finally, I have made sandbox purchases with my iOS simulator and StoreKit. I can see my sandbox user data in RevenueCat and I can see they have a Firebase App Instance Id attribute. However, this sandbox purchase is not listed in the log at the bottom of the integration config form. Is that correct? Do sandbox events not appear there even if enable sandbox events is checked?

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @leemhenson , 

Have you gone through our documentation on getting the firebase integration setup? If you haven’t already, I recommend checking out this section on Sending analytics events to Google analytics

Also, have you enabled/installed the Firebase extension? Once you go through those steps, you should be able to see these events in the Firebase console. 

However, this sandbox purchase is not listed in the log at the bottom of the integration config form. Is that correct? Do sandbox events not appear there even if enable sandbox events is checked?

The sandbox purchase should be showing here.

I recommend creating a support ticket with us here and sharing the app user ID of the user that you are testing with so we can look deeper into the setup and events being sent. 

Badge

Yes I have (I believe) done everything according to the docs. I opened a ticket earlier with user ids. Thanks