Question

Does RevenueCat Events on MixPanel change User Location to RevenueCat server location?

• 24 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello all!

It’s been more than a year since we notice that all the users that had a Profile Location of Ashburn, Virginia, US had a wrong location information. There is something that is changing our users location to Ashburn and is not us.

We’ve reviewed this issue with our tech team and none of the events that we send from our server are changing the users location. We have also identified, with the help of MixPanel’s Support team that this location changes when a RevenueCat event is sent to our MixPanel.

I’m using this channel because RevenueCat’s Support team takes weeks to answer and I wanted to know if there are more cases like us out there so that we can push together to get this fixed.

We use MixPanel as our source of truth and we have many cases of with this issue, specially hurts because we are running a paid marketing campaign and we don’t really know if the new subscribed users are comming from the US or if they are more Ashburn cases. I know we can filter them, but that’s not the fix right?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Storology,

Sorry for the delay on your ticket - there should be a followup reply with more information in your inbox now. 

Badge +5

Hi @kaitlin, I haven’t received an answer yet.