Why are Android products not available to test?

• 9 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have struggled for TOO long trying to figure out why my RevenueCat could not find my Android subscriptions. It seems that RevenueCat’s documentation has not kept up with the Google Play changes. I realize you are struggling to support the new changes in Google Play. But, you need to support other new users that are dealing with the new Google Play subscription setup and how to integrate with RevenueCat.

tldr; The secret seems to be: You must use the legacy method of defining subscriptions in Google Play Store.

• For each RevenueCat "Product" you must define ONE Google Play Subscription that has a SINGLE base plan.
  • It is the Play Subscription "Product ID" that must match to the RevenueCat "Product" Identifier

The RevenueCat provides a link in the error messages (https://rev.cat/why-are-offerings-empty) that after a redirect end up to the closed topic WITHOUT ANY MENTION of this issue!

I hope this helps someone out there.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve been having.

We’ve had a banner at the top of our Google Play Product Setup guide for a few months describing what we support from Google’s new support model:

We also have a public beta if you’re interested in testing out our Billing Client 5 support!