Question

The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase

• 14 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm using Flutter to develop my application, but I ran into a problem when I tried to incorporate a revenue cat subscription feature into my Android app. This problem is specific to Android, not iOS, so the error message I'm seeing in the debug log is “Error loading offerings info: PlatformException(3, The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase., {code: 3, message: The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase., readableErrorCode: PurchaseNotAllowedError, readable_error_code: PurchaseNotAllowedError, underlyingE
rrorMessage: Error when fetching products. DebugMessage: Billing Unavailable. ErrorCode: BILLING_UNAVAILABLE.}, null)”
I have followed all the instructions they have given me, and I have made sure to do so, but I'm still having trouble. If someone could assist me, I would be very grateful.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, this error is usually device-specific and comes from Google. 

Here are the trouble shooting steps that we suggest:

• Make sure you are using a physical device that is updated as sometimes emulators can have problems making purchases
  • Make sure you're logged in with a Google account.
  • Check that your test user is properly configured, see our guide here
  • Try this with a different device.This will rule out of it is a device-specific issue 

You can check if a user is able to make purchases through the canMakePayments method, see here