Skip to main content

How would you use targeting to show a unique paywall/offering based on a user’s subscription status? For example, if someone has subscribed at a lower tier, show them a discounted offer to upgrade to a higher tier. Or if someone was once a subscriber and has since churned, show them a discounted offer to resubscribe. I know there are custom attributes that can be passed to RC but this is data the RC already has and should be accessible somewhere (maybe?) but I don’t see it in the targeting rules.

Thanks, -O^O-

Hey @andyallen ,

To target for this, I would suggest using custom attributes for these users and setting a custom attribute based on the offer that they should be getting. You can make the custom attribute anything you want but in this case I would recommend only assigning users that currently are subscribed and who you want to be able to qualify for the offer.

Once that is done, you can target specifically by attribute. In the targeting rules, you can then show those users a specific offer. This will allow you to only show users who have that attribute that you created before the ability to have the new offer.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks, Michael. Any indication if subscription status is something the RC team is investigating or considering as an attribute when targeting? Seems like a useful way to make use of the data RC already has.

-O^O-

Hey @andyallen ,

Currently that is not a targeting option but I can share this with the team as a feature request to be added!