Question

Package Resolution Failed

Badge +1

Trying to add the RevenueCat SDK as a Swift Package on Xcode 12.3 for iOS on Catalina after specifying dependency rule  as suggested the error “because purchases-ios  >= 4.0.0-beta.9 contains incompatible tools version and root depends on purchases-ios 4.0.0..<5.0.0, version solving failed” appears . How can work around this?

3 replies

Badge +1

This problem has been reported before at

and the fix was to specify the version number exactly as shown below

Package was then installed and the project Navigator shows a section Swift Package Dependencies in which is a folder RevenueCat 4.0.0-beta.1 containing many other folders and files. However, if I add ‘import RevenueCat’ to my project file AppDelegate.swift, I get a ‘No such module’ error. What do I have to do to use the package?

Badge +1

After installing via the Swift Package Manager RevenueCat appears in the Target Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded list  as RevenueCat (no .framework) and the Embed entry is blank rather than Do Not Embed with options of Embed & Sign, Embed without Signing. The RevenueCat icon is present and different from the other icons.

Badge +1

The problem appears to be that v 4.0.0-beta is not compatible with Xcode 12.3. If I use the exact dependency rule to install v3.12.6, I can import a module named Purchases (but not RevenueCat)