Solved

Not seeing sandbox purchases (non-subscription)

• 6 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have set up Products, Packages, and an Offering in RC and can see it in my app (using Expo + react-native-purchases SDK).  When I complete a sandbox purchase it is neither appearing in the Purchases.getCustomerInfo() response nor the RC admin console.

I also have ensured that I set the user ID with Purchases.logIn().

(I did not set up a sandbox user in App Store Connect but I presume that using my actual Apple account for sandbox transactions is okay.)

What am I doing wrong?

Sandbox purchase was successful
Should sandbox transactions appear here?

icon

Best answer by Michael Fogel 16 October 2023, 18:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @peterbee!

Sounds like something definitely isn’t working right if you aren’t seeing the resulting purchase in CustomerInfo or the dashboard. Do you have debug logs from the SDK reproducing the behavior? That may help to point to what’s happening.

(I did not set up a sandbox user in App Store Connect but I presume that using my actual Apple account for sandbox transactions is okay.)

Strange - I don’t believe normal Apple IDs work for sandbox transactions. Can you try making a test account as detailed in our docs? https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/apple-app-store

Badge +2

I created a new sandbox user and have completed several more test purchases.

The alert still says “Your purchase was successful” each time but the logs show “[Error: The receipt is not valid.]” with every test purchase.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @peterbee !

“Your purchase was successful” each time but the logs show “[Error: The receipt is not valid.]” with every test purchase.

This error indicates the receipt is malformed or invalid. This error usually happens with configuration and usually occurs in the sandbox environment.

To fix this, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

If testing with StoreKit Configuration Files:

Some other places to check:

Let me know if that helps! 

Badge +2

Shared Secret was the culprit!  Thanks @Michael Fogel!

(It is interesting that the transaction appears to be completed, but actually is not.)