Solved

No Expiration even with Billing Issue Flow

• 10 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

This might be similar to the existing question here, but I am not too sure and seems like that conversation has stopped.

So will ask here again: 
My grace period is set to 3 days and I got the BILLING_ISSUE and CANCELLATION (with BILLING_ERROR) events same time once the paid period ended and grace period started. But I am on day 6 now and still no EXPIRATION event has come and the user is essentially using the paid content for free now.

If this is tied to the account hold feature mentioned in the other post, then how can I tell? Google says we need to stop paid content once grace period ends and hold starts. But RC did not send any event tied to this hold so that my servers can remove paid content for this user.

Could you help with this situation and how to proceed further? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by wes_clark 19 January 2024, 17:36

View original

7 replies

Badge +5

sorry, title should be:

No Expiration event with Billing Issue Flow

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! Can you share the app user ID, so that I can investigate the user from my end? Thanks!

Badge +5

Sure the App User ID = haX9uwDxmjZDf5Kv3hpnf8v88sm2

Badge +5

Hi. Just wanted to follow up on this

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for following up on this and I apologize for the delay. The issue with this user was being caused by a bug regarding their account being in an on-hold state in the Google Play Store and how we handled that state on our end. A fix has been pushed for any future users that encounter it and I was working internally with our Engineering team on making sure that is was resolved for this specific user too. If you take a look at their profile now, the expiration event has been sent. Sorry again for the wait.

Badge +5

Yes thank you I have received the EXPIRATION webhook event and it has been processed successfully. To make sure I understand, the fix will be handled correctly going forward in such a way that as soon as the hold state has been initiated by Google, RC will send an EXPIRATION event? Or EXPIRATION will still come a few days after the hold?

Also, to be safe could you edit the profile link above to not include the full URL of the revenue cat account :) Just in case, do not want the customer id visible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes, the EXPIRATION event should now be sent when the hold state is initiated, not days after. I apologize, I have removed the link.