Question

Need free trial and pay as you go feature at same time

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi revenucat Team,
I want to achieve this kind of payment:

1 month free trial, after that 3 $ for each month ( for 3 months ) and after that 6 $ per month

How can I achieve this?
for free trial I’m using Introductory offer, and for rest of them should I use promotional offer?
but promotional will not support new users and depend on doc its just for subscribed users…

any way to achive this goal? 

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @tornike-c938fc,

As you’ve found, there isn’t a way out of the box to produce this type of flow for users automatically. You can set up an Introductory offer that is equivalent to a free trial, which would be automatically applied to any eligible user. After that month, a user would need to be presented with the promotional offer of $3 or $6 months in order to accept it, it couldn’t be automatically applied. And, as you said, the user must have or had an active subscription to be eligible for the promotional offer - this is a limitation of the app store. You can certainly put the promotional offer in front of users who have converted, but it would be a manual process to keep track of who has already accepted the $3 offer before showing them the $6 offer, and I believe they would have needed to convert and have paid for the subscription in order to be considered active and eligible for a promotional offer, so would have paid full price for at least one month.

All this to say - it’s definitely possible to achieve, just not out of the box and not without some caveats to consider. It may be easier to have just one introductory offer, and then one promotional offer that appears after a user has converted.