Question

Is RevenueCat able to detect a user returned app and received refund before (App store/Mac App store)

• 20 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I’m making the transition from one-time purchase app to free with in-app purchase for my app currently on Mac app store/iOS app store.

I’m trying to grandfather all users who bought the app before into premium of the app by using originalApplicationVersion the SDK provides in purchaserInfo. Whoever bough the app before the transition will have the originalApplicationVersion be lower than the to-be-released version of the free with IAP app.

However, there are quite a number of users who bought the app before but then requested refund.

Can I know whether a user had requested and received refund before using RevenueCat SDK?

Thanks for helping 🙏

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Minh Nguyen!

Sorry for the delay here. RevenueCat’s SDK won’t be able to detect if the app itself was refunded, only if an in-app purchase was refunded. I’m not sure there’s a good way to detect this, but we do have a blog post on converting a paid app to a subscription app: https://www.revenuecat.com/blog/converting-a-paid-ios-app-to-subscriptions