Solved

iOS product information (priceString) cannot be obtained correctly with Flutter

• 27 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I want to display the amount based on the Product information obtained from Offerings. However, when I check it on the actual iOS device, "Price String" is displayed as "XXX 120.0" etc., and the currency part is not displayed well. Andorid's device will display "¥ 120" without any problem.

AppStoreConnect information is set at ¥120 as shown in the screenshot.

icon

Best answer by mcz9mm 6 September 2021, 13:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

A mobile engineer looked into this today and the currency code on the SKProduct is null, which is causing the “XXX” part of the priceString. Can you try a different SKProduct with the same currency? Maybe this product is glitched in sandbox?

Badge +4
Thanks for the reply!

I tried different SK Products, but the result was the same "XXX". The same applies to subscriptions and purchases.

Badge +4
This is the version of the Flutter package I'm using.purchases_flutter: ^3.4.3
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Sorry for the delay! I was out of the office earlier this week and I’m getting caught up on my backlog.

Are you still seeing this issue? I’m not sure what the issue would be here since this is the first report but can you try a couple of things and let me know what happens?

1. Are you testing on simulator, device, or TestFlight? If you’re testing on simulator can you try testing on device if you have one available and let me know if you still see the issue?
  2. Can you change the region of your test user to something like USA or Germany and see if you’re still seeing issues with the currencies in those regions?
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Just noticed you tested on an actual iOS device, so no need to test there again - sorry!

It would still be helpful to change the region as described above to see if it’s an issue with the product, device, or SDK (basically I’d like to pinpoint the source of the currency issue.)

Badge +4

I verified it with a simulator using an actual device and StoreKit. Neither seems to be able to get only Japanese currency well. Data can be obtained correctly in other regions (US and Germany).

So far I found that only Japan didn't get it well, so I decided to temporarily use static data to display the PriceString.