Hi Team - My goal is to setup offer codes to allow customers coming from partnerships to redeem prepaid subscriptions.
After setting up auto-renewing subscriptions, I’ve hit a snag implementing Offer Codes in my iOS app.
The following has been configured:
- 2 subscriptions(yearly and monthly) setup in App Store Connect under same the subscription group
- Both subscriptions are at the same level of service and include a 7-day trial period
- Subscription key uploaded to RevenueCat
- Created 1-year free offer codes under the yearly renewable subscription
- Offer code is for new, existing and expired users
Observed user experience:
- User logs in to app and subscribes to monthly renewable subscription
- User then navigates to https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ctx=offercodes&id=1579782821&code=CODE to redeem 1-year free offer
- Code is accepted and Apple ID authorization is prompted
- After authorizing the subscription a error is presented stating, “ This offer can’t be redeemed with your current subscription.”
Is there something I missed in my configuration or a restriction I’m unaware of? Does user have to redeem the offer before subscribing?
Best answer by tinaView original