Question

Intro eligibility status through RevenueCat seems wrong?

• 13 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I think I’m doing something silly, but I cannot seem to get RevenueCat to show the correct eligibility for a subscription intro offer. 

• If I bring up the RevenueCat Debug UI’s paywall, it shows the intro text properly mentioning you get 3 days in your trial.
  • If I check with StoreKit 2, I get “true” for isEligibleForIntroOffer, as expected
  • In RevenueCat, I get “unknown” for eligibility

Here’s my StoreKit 2 code that works:

let storeKitProducts = try! await Product.products(for: ["myproductid"])
let isEligibleForIntroOfferStoreKit = await storeKitProducts.first?.subscription?.isEligibleForIntroOffer

// Returns true

Here’s my RevenueCat code that seemingly doesn’t:

if let monthlyProduct {
let eligibility = await Purchases.shared.checkTrialOrIntroDiscountEligibility(product: monthlyProduct)
let isFreeTrialAvailable = eligibility == .eligible
print(isFreeTrialAvailable, eligibility)
Logger.log("Checked if free trial was available and determined \(isFreeTrialAvailable)")
// Returns false
}

I’m using a sandbox account on an iOS device if that helps/is relevant. I get this message in the console, but I’m not sure how that’s true when RevenueCat’s debug UI lists the sandbox receipt path and StoreKit 2 determines eligibility properly.

I would just change my logic from `eligibility == .eligible` to `eligibility != .ineligible` but that seems contrary to the advice here. 

WARN: 🍎‼️ App running on sandbox without a receipt file. Unable to determine into eligibility unless you've purchased before and there is a receipt available.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Have you tried retrying this with a fresh sandbox user? There may be issues if the sandbox user already has a purchase within the same subscription group or if it has yet to make a purchase and there is no receipt on the device to check. Additionally, these interactions will be more accurate in production where Apple will always automatically apply an eligible offer.

Userlevel 1

@wes_clark I believe this is related to this issue.

From what I understand - it is not possible for RC to determine trial eligibility correctly in sandbox environment, because there isn't always a receipt available, so it just returns "unknown". What I am wondering though - are there any plans to improve this in the future so that devs can properly test trial eligibility in sandbox environment?