Skip to main content

The warning is as follows...

TMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the 'aps-environment' entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the 'aps-environment' entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file.

Should I be worried? Does Revenuecat use Push Notifications for like billing issue detected?
How can I stop these warnings?
I am using Expo.

Thanks

Hi @yavuzakyazici,

RevenueCat does not use or require push notifications at all. Based on the error message, it looks like you are registering for push notifications somewhere in your code.

Best,

No. I asked the same question in Expo forum and it turns out they were automatically registering every app for push notifications before and they stopped doing that with the new SDK. So, it is not related to Revenuecat but Expo. I did not know this before since they just answered this question. They are working on a longterm better solution about how to handle this. I wanted to write here so people like me  can suspect the same thing. Thanks for the answer.

That’s great and very good to know, I didn’t know that either.

Thank you!

Here is their full answer. If somebody else is wondering…

1. We're working on this, but in the meantime, here's a document with more information on the issue and why it's happening: https://github.com/expo/fyi/blob/main/apns-entitlement-sdk-51.md

GitHub

fyi/apns-entitlement-sdk-51.md at main · expo/fyi

Little bits of information that you may find useful when interacting with Expo tools and service. Append the markdown filename to https://expo.fyi/ to get a quick link to it. - expo/fyi

fyi/apns-entitlement-sdk-51.md at main · expo/fyi

2. brentvatneYesterday at 9:34 PM

i've updated the doc that @philpl shared above to make it a bit easier to follow, let me know if you have any other questions @yavuz