Solved

How to show annual subscription price per month?

• 8 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Sorry if it was asked before, I searched but couldn’t find anything :(

What is the best way to calculate the price for annual subscription per month/week? I want to show user, how much he/she will pay for an annual subscription each month or week.

An app already implementing this, is Snapchat. I checked all over revenuecat documentation but didn’t find this feature.

icon

Best answer by Michael Fogel 12 June 2023, 18:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @collins 

A great way of doing this would be calling the priceString property and dividing that number returned by the length of the subscription. For example, for the annual product diving that returned result by 12. This would return the monthly price of the annual product. 

Badge +5

@Michael Fogel , priceString is already formatted with the currency sign so do you think that is still the only option? I could parse it but not sure I know all possible formats to do it safely for all currencies.
Also, for the denominator, is there a numbers somewhere for 1 (one month), 2 (two months), etc? This way it is more dynamic and we do not need to have a map for each length of subscription.

I think i see a property called `price` with the raw number so maybe that is better..

Badge +2

I am trying to do the same and it’s anything but trivial with the limited information the react-native-purchases package provides.

The only method I see right now is dividing price by 12, and the using the currency code to create a price String myself. But I might still run into issues with rounding here? Also it’s super hard to test with all the different currencies without creating hundreds of sandbox users.

I see that for the paywall templates, RC provides a lot of helpful variables like “sub_price_per_month” etc. It would be super helpful to expose these to the Purchases.getOfferings() call in the react-native package.