Skip to main content

I have this message on the Google Play dashboard 

Action required: Migrate to supported version of Google Play Billing Library

We are introducing changes to the lifecycle of Play Billing Library and its associated deprecation timelines. Because you currently use an older version of the library, we wanted you to be aware of new key dates you’ll need to adhere to:

By Aug 31, 2024, all new apps and updates to existing apps must use Billing Library version 6 or newer. If you need more time to update your app, you will be able to request an extension until Nov 1, 2024.

I am currently using 

"react-native-purchases": "^6.6.5",

If I upgrade to the latest version would this be compatible with Billing Library version 6?

Thank you for your assistance

Nvermind. Found the answer

Google Play Billing Library 6

Google is notifying customers to upgrade their apps to support Play Billing Library 6, which will become mandatory on August 31st, 2024. Our latest major version of the SDK supports Play Billing Library 6, so as long as you have one of these installed in your app, you don't need to do anything:

If you are updating your SDK, you can find the links to each GitHub release in the list above. You can also find the detailed Migration Guide from Play Billing Library 5 to Play Billing Library 6 here in our docs.