Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’m trying to get RevenueCat up and running on my Expo-based application. I’ve installed the SDK (by running “yarn expo install react-native-purchases”. When trying to build the app (with EAS - “eas build --profile development --local --platform ios --output build/ios-dev-build.tar.gz”), the CocoaPods install script returns this:

CocoaPods could not find compatible versions for pod "PurchasesHybridCommon"

None of your spec sources contain a spec satisfying the dependency: `PurchasesHybridCommon (= 10.9.0)`.

Hi @mmehra-navport,

Can you try removing RevenueCat and reinstalling with yarn? Sometimes the dependencies don’t fully download and build.

And, can you try removing the --local flag?

Thanks for your reply @sharif!

I went through and re-installed the package, this time through Yarn and not Expo. The same result occurred when building locally, but it worked fine when building in the Expo cloud (by removing --local). Is there a way that I can use RevenueCat with Expo while building locally? I predict that I’m going to run out of free cloud builds, and I’d like to continue using RevenueCat while building locally.

Thanks, Milan

Hey @mmehra-navport,

I’m not sure if there are ways to run locally, I’m checking with the team and will get back to you with the answer!

@mmehra-navport can you try this to build and test IAPs locally?

expo start --dev-client

That doesn’t seem to build it for me, instead it just starts the expo in development client mode. I was using EAS to build a development version, though.

Hey @mmehra-navport,

Running it in development client mode should work as detailed in this blog post: https://www.revenuecat.com/blog/engineering/expo-in-app-purchase-tutorial/#:~:text=Step%205%3A%20Native%20app%20testing What do you see when you run the app using the dev client?

I can’t start it in the dev client because there’s no build to start it from. The eas build command fails with the --local flag, so I don’t have a build to start.