Question

EAS Build Error

• 1 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am integrating IAP into my React Native APP using react-native-purchases. I am creating a development build using EAS for Android and getting the below error:

I am using react-native-purchases  version 7.22.0 and expo ~47.0.14. As per my understanding, expo ~47.0.14 already supports Android SDK Version 34. Do you think I need to upgrade my Expo SDK version to the latest to make it work?

Execution failed for task ':app:checkDebugAarMetadata'.
A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckAarMetadataWorkAction
  3 issues were found when checking AAR metadata:
       1.  Dependency 'androidx.core:core-ktx:1.12.0' requires libraries and applications that           depend on it to compile against version 34 or later of the           Android APIs.
           :app is currently compiled against android-31.
          Also, the maximum recommended compile SDK version for Android Gradle         plugin 7.2.1 is 32.
    Recommended action: Update this project's version of the Android Gradle562           plugin to one that supports 34, then update this project to use563           compileSdkVerion of at least 34.”

Please note that the iOS Development build works fine using the EAS build.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kapil

This post has been closed for comments

9 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am integrating IAP into my React Native APP using react-native-purchases. I am creating a development build using EAS for Android and getting the below error:

I am using react-native-purchases  version 7.22.0 and expo ~47.0.14. As per my understanding, expo ~47.0.14 already supports Android SDK Version 34. Do you think I need to upgrade my Expo SDK version to the latest to make it work?

Execution failed for task ':app:checkDebugAarMetadata'.
A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckAarMetadataWorkAction
  3 issues were found when checking AAR metadata:
       1.  Dependency 'androidx.core:core-ktx:1.12.0' requires libraries and applications that           depend on it to compile against version 34 or later of the           Android APIs.
           :app is currently compiled against android-31.
          Also, the maximum recommended compile SDK version for Android Gradle         plugin 7.2.1 is 32.
    Recommended action: Update this project's version of the Android Gradle562           plugin to one that supports 34, then update this project to use563           compileSdkVerion of at least 34.”

Please note that the iOS Development build works fine using the EAS build.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kapil

Same here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Kapil,

Could you try that and let me know if you’re still getting this error? I’ll try to reproduce on my end.

Badge +1

Hi Ryan,

Just now run the build once again and it is still failing. You may see that the build succeeded on iOS.

Looking forward to some recommendations.

Thanks

Badge

+1 I got this error as soon as I added react-native-purchases to my expo project (using expo 48)

Badge

Downgrading to v6 worked

Badge +1

Thanks for the information. Are you saying that downgrading react-native-purchases to V6 worked?

@kapil-mahajan-e35a61 Did you manage to solve this yet? driving me nuts...

Badge +1

@marthinus-strydom-ce8221 Not able to solve it yet. As per the reply from @bp-2301f6 I need to downgrade the react-native-purchases to V6. Maybe you can give it a try and let us know if it works.

@kapil-mahajan-e35a61  - managed to do a build with 6.7.2. 

@Ryan Glanz shout if you need repo steps etc.