Skip to main content
Solved

Customer Info Entitlements

• 12 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I use the revenuecat library to remove ads in my game (non-consumable) and buy coins (consumable). I don't use login, I make purchases anonymously.

- Remove ads (cannot be consumed) When I buy, I check whether the purchase has been made by checking customer info -> entitlements. Is this method correct?

- When I cancel/return my purchase to remove ads (which cannot be consumed), this situation is reflected very late in customer info -> entitlements. Is it because it is a test?

- When I canceled/returned my purchase of removing ads (which is not consumable), I noticed that when I removed all offers (both non-consumable and consumable) with getOfferings, the product to remove ads (which is not consumable) did not arrive. Is it because of this test?

- I check the Coin I purchased (consumable) in customer info -> entitlements and confirm my purchase. Is this method correct?

- Where can I track this situation when I cancel/return my purchase of Coins (consumables)? Should I take back the canceled consumable product, i.e. coin, from the user?

Can you answer them separately?

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Find below all questions and answers.

- Remove ads (cannot be consumed) When I buy, I check whether the purchase has been made by checking customer info -> entitlements. Is this method correct?

You are correct, this is the correct way of handling this situation. Entitlements are thought as to give a user access to premium content for a specific amount. Ideal for non consumable products and subscriptions.

- When I cancel/return my purchase to remove ads (which cannot be consumed), this situation is reflected very late in customer info -> entitlements. Is it because it is a test?

Refunds can take some hours to be detected by RevenueCat, in Google Play it can take up to 24 hours even. This is the norm for all environments. Here you can find all the details about how to handle refunds for each store.

- When I canceled/returned my purchase of removing ads (which is not consumable), I noticed that when I removed all offers (both non-consumable and consumable) with getOfferings, the product to remove ads (which is not consumable) did not arrive. Is it because of this test?

Can you explain more in deep this flow and what are you getting vs what you expect? Thank you!

- I check the Coin I purchased (consumable) in customer info -> entitlements and confirm my purchase. Is this method correct?

Do you also give entitlements for consumable products then? I don't think this should be the correct way since a user could have multiple consumable purchases but only one entitlement granted. You should give coins when you detect a consumable purchase and then read those coins from the user object.

- Where can I track this situation when I cancel/return my purchase of Coins (consumables)? Should I take back the canceled consumable product, i.e. coin, from the user?

The best way would be to listen for event webhooks and add or remove coins based on the type of event. Here you can find more info and how to do it.

Best,