Solved

Can I purchase a product with more than 1 quantity?

• 3 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

We have a problem where after applying a 20% / 30% discount on a product we do not fall within a price tier in Apple. For example we have 1 consumable product that is priced at £79.99. We offer 20% discount code’s to our users so we came up with a workaround to create a new product in Apple with a price of £63.99. i.e. 20% off £79.99. However we have come into an issue as Apple does not offer a price tier of £63.99. 

The solution we came up with, was to create a a new product with the value of £8.99 and allow the user to buy 8 of these products at the same time i.e. that would add up to £63.99. But from looking at the RevenueCat `purchaseProduct` API in React Native it does not allow you to set a quantity. Do you know if there is another way of achieving this using RevenueCat or even better, a way of using a custom price for a product in iOS?

icon

Best answer by cody 6 December 2021, 17:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Walter Holohan! Happy to help here.

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow for custom prices for in-app purchases- you’ll likely need to use one of the preset tiers (or the closest to it). It looks like the closest tier at this time is $64.99.

Additionally, our SDK doesn’t currently support quantities of more than 1 for the App Store at this time (and I’m not sure Apple allows that case since the customer wouldn’t technically be receiving that multi-quantity purchase, it would be a single product), but I’d be happy to pass along multi-quantity support as a feature request!

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hey @cody , thanks for the reply. 

We have gone for the ‘closest tier’ approach e.g. 20% discount on £79.99 we are rounded down to £59.99 to give our customer an extra bonus. Its unfortunate Apple cannot support these multiples. 

If you could pass the multi-quantity support along that would be great. To be honest in the next 2 months we will be looking to move all our users to a subscription model to above wont be a problem for us.

Badge

Hey @Walter Holohan! Happy to help here.

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow for custom prices for in-app purchases- you’ll likely need to use one of the preset tiers (or the closest to it). It looks like the closest tier at this time is $64.99.

Additionally, our SDK doesn’t currently support quantities of more than 1 for the App Store at this time (and I’m not sure Apple allows that case since the customer wouldn’t technically be receiving that multi-quantity purchase, it would be a single product), but I’d be happy to pass along multi-quantity support as a feature request!

Hey @cody any update your SDK for supporting quantities in IOS and Android as well?

Badge +2

Hey @Walter Holohan! Happy to help here.

Any progress? The multiple-quantity feature urgently required