Solved

Apple or Revenuecat server responses very slow? 12/23-12/28+?

• 28 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Has anyone seeing the Apple or RevenueCat server response time to be very slow in the last week?

12/23-12/28+? A few weeks ago the response time was great, very fast. Currently it can take several minutes to authenticate a purchase between Apple and RevenueCat. This has led to several App Store rejections this week. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Should I just wait till the new year? Maybe Apple and RevenueCat are doing maintenance so servers are slow. 

If the apple tester/review person sees a long delay they reject the app….

icon

Best answer by Haley Pace 3 January 2023, 18:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

From revenuecats debug out: 2022-12-28 [Purchases] - WARN: 🍎⚠️ StoreKit 2 purchase took longer than expected (91.53 seconds) 

It seems apple server is more to blame since it is StoreKit 2?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Just letting you know we are looking into this for you and will update with our findings. One thing to note is having App Store Server Notifications will help improve authentication speed 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Just letting you know we are looking into this for you and will update with our findings. One thing to note is having App Store Server Notifications will help improve authentication speed 

I did this and I did speed up the process. Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m also seeing slower responses over the last three days though it looks like it’s getting better again now that holidays are coming to a close. Here is a screenshot from Firebase Performance:

What’s more worrying is the error rate of the requests. I’m seeing some 404s(1.5%), but even more 422 (4.5%)! 🤔

Interestingly this only happens for our iOS app - the Android app doesn’t seem to return any error responses and response times are stable.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you for letting us know! This may be something with Apple’s servers, but we will keep an eye out for this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Haley Pace thanks! Really looking forward to your devs’ take on this.

Hi, has there been any update on this? With Apple Store Server Notifications set, I get 90~120 seconds on average to purchase. Any other tricks to make this faster would be greatly appreciated..

around [Purchases] - WARN: 🍎⚠️ StoreKit 2 purchase took longer than expected (94.31 seconds)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, sorry for the late response @sven. I believe the issues you are seeing are related to StoreKit 2 as you can see from the warning, but to be thorough I checked our server latency between 12/23-12/28+ and I did not find anything out of the ordinary. We have noticed issues with StoreKit 2, so I recommend using StoreKit 1 as it is more reliable and not prone to such errors. @skipper113 I recommend the same to you as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Haley Pace As suggested in RevenueCat docs we are already using StoreKit 1, so that cannot be the culprit. 🤔

But I have good news as well: over the last month the error rate has improved considerably. Here is the success rate over the last 90 days:

Not sure that was you or Apple, but either way, that problem seems to be solved. :)