Question

App Store Rejection - Receipt is mising

• 31 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

It’s crazy the amount of posts here regarding this issue.

7 times I have resubmitted by app and every time it’s rejected because the receipt will not validate.

“It’s one of those Apple quirks” is not a valid answer. RevenueCat should get in a room with Apple to try and fix this.

I have tried the suggested “Delete and re-add your subscriptions” with no luck.

I’m left with no option but to remove RevenueCat!

Any other suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @dazboj,

I totally understand the frustration - I’ve experienced these rejections myself. Unfortunately, since we rely on the device receipt in order to validate the receipt server-side, there doesn’t seem to be a workaround from our end at this time. The environment that Apple uses for the review devices just simply fails to populate the receipt as would be expected.

Some workarounds are to:

1. Re-submit for review (this is usually the solution - sometimes waiting longer between submissions can help)
  2. Submit a video of your purchase working in sandbox mode on your own device
  3. Explain to the reviewer that this is an issue with their own environment
  4. Try re-creating products (I know you mentioned trying this, but it’s helped others)
  5. Try submitting your app without in-app purchases, then a follow-up update with in app purchases. (we see more errors with apps that have never been approved vs. apps that have had a version approved in the past)
Badge +4

I did get it through review eventually and it could have been from one of two things.

I attached a full video of the app in use.

I disabled StoreKit 2 in the SDK.

I wonder if it might be worth adding a dashboard toggle to disable server side receipt validation altogether that we can use during App Review?

Badge +3

FYI I got this rejection for every new app but now for the last 2 apps I’ve submitted I’ve included a video of the Testflight purchase going through and added a note describing the issue and it has gone through first time for both.

Badge +4

Oddly, I have just updated RC SDK to the latest version, and re-enabled storekit2, and I am now getting the error in the simulator!

Disabling storekit2 makes it start working again.

I think i’ll have to keep storekit2 disabled for now.

Badge +2

Oddly, I have just updated RC SDK to the latest version, and re-enabled storekit2, and I am now getting the error in the simulator!

Disabling storekit2 makes it start working again.

I think i’ll have to keep storekit2 disabled for now.

Can you please explain what disabling storekit 2 means - what did you change, something in the app, revenuecat configuration, apple configuration, or combination of them?

e: I was using useStoreKit2IfAvailable=true in my purchaseconfiguration, I tried setting it to False but no difference, receipt validation still broken.

Badge +4
let config = Configuration.Builder(withAPIKey: "applxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
.with(usesStoreKit2IfAvailable: false)
.build()
Purchases.configure(with: config)

If I set this to true, I get the error. If I use false, I don’t.

Not sure if it affects App Review, but I did set it to false the last time that my app actually got approved.