Solved

App Store rejected because payment is cancelled

• 28 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

I tested my app for payment on Test Flight and it works fine

I submitted my app and I get the following error message.

I am not sure on how to reproduce this issue. Any pointers much appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for providing this information.

Upon further review, we found that your app does not comply with the following guidelines:

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We found that your in-app purchase products exhibited one or more bugs when reviewed on iPhone running iOS 15.3.1 on Wi-Fi.

Specifically, when we tried to top up credit, we were receiving a message saying “Purchase cancelled”.

Next Steps

When validating receipts on your server, your server needs to be able to handle a production-signed app getting its receipts from Apple’s test environment. The recommended approach is for your production server to always validate receipts against the production App Store first. If validation fails with the error code "Sandbox receipt used in production," you should validate against the test environment instead.

Resources

You can learn more about testing in-app purchase products in your development sandbox environment in App Store Connect Developer Help.

For more information on receipt validation, please see What url should I use to verify my receipt? in the In-App Purchase FAQ.

Learn how to generate a receipt validation code in App Store Connect Developer Help.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Please see attached screenshots for details.

icon

Best answer by joshdholtz 28 February 2022, 21:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @Gokula Krishna!

There are some times where in-app purchases seems to have an odd and explainable behavior in the App Store review test environment. Have you tried submitting some screen recording of your app? And some especially around the in-app payment process?

Attaching video and writing a bunch of notes to the App Store reviewer is actually really helpful and has helped some situations like this in the past.

If you have done this and are still getting this error we might need to dive a little bit deeper into what could be happening in that environment 🤔

Thanks! 

Badge +5

Hey @joshdholtz ,

I am resubmitting the app for review with recording of a successful payment.

Badge +5

@joshdholtz the video recording worked!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Gokula Krishna So happy to hear that! Not sure what happens in that the review environment but I attach a video to all of my submission now. It seems to really help out the reviewers 😊 

Badge +3

Hi, could you explain how to make this video recording?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @sneawo!

I’ve used QuickTime to record the simulator or Mac app in the past. It doesn’t need to be pretty but just show what the app is supposed to be doing with IAP 😊 

The simulator can also make recording nows but there are also tools like https://www.rocketsim.app that can record simulators.

You can even record on a physical device - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Hope that helps!