Question

[Android] purchases not recognized after app is closed

• 20 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I'm relative new to revenue, and I moved from Google play because I have some issues with people not get the purchases recognized, that's why I decided to go with revenuecat, however I have some issues now, some users seems that they don't have "premium" or the purchases are not recognized, then if they go to restore purchase, everything works, and seems that this is only for some users, apparently in some headunit, tablets and made Xiaomi/Chinese brand, probably the play store is doing something weird but they can restore the purchases without a problem, so I'm wondering if there is something that revenuecat can do, or any suggestion?

I initialize RC in the main application, and it doesn't seems like a sdk setup issue since this only happens to some users, what else I can try? Thanks a lot

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, to fix this you’ll want to call syncPurchases() on first launch during your migration to RevenueCat. Please see our client-side migration guide here for more details: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/migrating-existing-subscriptions#client-side-migration

Badge +3

Sorry, I didn't mentioned, I'm doing the migration, the strange thing is that is working for many cases but others, seems that it doesn't work,  I'm not sure what to do to fix this, I got couple of bad reviews just because of this, I tested in other phones and works fine tho, so I have no idea why is this happening or how I can fix it, seems that it happens in some tablets and Xiaomi devices, maybe because of play store?