Question

android fetching offers error

• 20 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I set up correctly according to the instructions and everything seems to be verified.

However, when I try to call getOfferings, I am getting an error

Error: There is an issue with your configuration. Check the underlying error for more details.

any help is appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @ben-bergman-a54b92!

While the credentials validator in the dashboard will confirm we can properly validate and verify your Google Play transactions, the `getOfferings` call failing is related to a product configuration issue.

Here's how it works under the hood:

1. Products are configured in each store
  2. Product identifiers are added to your offering configuration in the RevenueCat dashboard
  3. The RevenueCat SDK fetches the configuration from the RevenueCat API
  4. The SDK requests the products in the configuration from the stores directly
  5. The stores return the valid products from that request

If the stores are unable to return valid products, it means that somewhere in that cycle there is a configuration issue. If there is a typo in your product identifier, the request will fail. If the bundle ID doesn't match the configuration in App Store Connect (or package name for Google Play, etc.), the request will fail. In the case of Google Play, you’ll also need your app published to a closed track for products to be fetched.

I’d recommend following our Empty Offerings guide if you’re seeing this error:

Badge +2

Hey @ben-bergman-a54b92!

While the credentials validator in the dashboard will confirm we can properly validate and verify your Google Play transactions, the `getOfferings` call failing is related to a product configuration issue.

Here's how it works under the hood:

1. Products are configured in each store
  2. Product identifiers are added to your offering configuration in the RevenueCat dashboard
  3. The RevenueCat SDK fetches the configuration from the RevenueCat API
  4. The SDK requests the products in the configuration from the stores directly
  5. The stores return the valid products from that request

If the stores are unable to return valid products, it means that somewhere in that cycle there is a configuration issue. If there is a typo in your product identifier, the request will fail. If the bundle ID doesn't match the configuration in App Store Connect (or package name for Google Play, etc.), the request will fail. In the case of Google Play, you’ll also need your app published to a closed track for products to be fetched.

I’d recommend following our Empty Offerings guide if you’re seeing this error:

I am debugging on my local, does it necessarily need to be published to a closed track?

Badge +2

I set up closed testing and that build worked, I assume this doesn’t work on debug build (locally)? How to deal with this easily while develop locally?