Question

addCustomerInfoUpdateListener doesn't fire when a subscription is cancelled or expired

• 20 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I’ve added `Purchases.addCustomerInfoUpdateListener` to listen for changes to `CustomerInfo`. Now, I know it works because it gets fired when I make a subscription purchase with Purchases.purchasePackage.

However, I do not see it firing when a user cancels their subscription from Google Play or when it automatically expires. I have Google Developer Real-time notifications set up, tested and working. I can also see the RevenueCat Customer History Dashboard get updated with the cancellation/expiration event, but it never propagates back to the listener. If I call `getCustomerInfo()` directly though, I can see the changes.

Curious if this broken, or expected behavior? By the looks of it it says it should fire when it detects any changes to CustomerInfo, so in theory it should fire, but it doesn't.

Using Capacitor SDK v7.4.0

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Alex M !

Can you please create a support ticket for this so we can look into the backend for the specific user and see what the object is looking at at the time of these calls? 

You can create a support ticket here: https://app.revenuecat.com/settings/support