Question

A reliable method to detect paid app users (not based on app version)

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I recently explored the guide on transitioning a paid iOS app to a subscription model as outlined in your article at RevenueCat. While insightful, it doesn't entirely address our specific requirements.

Our application is initially free to download, offering in-app purchases (IAP) to access additional functionalities. We're considering introducing a paid version in select markets to evaluate its performance. For this purpose, I'm seeking an effective method to verify whether a user has made a purchase to download the app (not based on the app version).

I've come across the possibility of locating a receipt within the app bundle that could potentially provide this information. Could you advise on the reliability of this approach and how to implement it effectively?

Thanks for your help.

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi! I shared the following information in a support ticket, but I wanted to ensure that it was shared here as well. Unfortunately, it appears that there is not currently a workaround that could be implemented through the SDK that would allow you to check this. I would recommend taking a look to see if there is a way to verify with information from Apple itself.