Hi, I’ve observed some strange behaviour.
A customer supposedly started a subscription on October 15 (3 days ago), and today they were charged for it. Since there’s no free trial period, what explains this 3-day float between subscription and payment?
I dug into the user’s timeline in Mixpanel, and here’s what I found:
- Oct 15: signs up and attempts purchase 3 times, and cancelled each time by the user
- Oct 18: user opens app and restores purchase (note: MP has no record of purchase events for this user)
- Oct 18: RC reports new revenue for subscription started on Oct 15 (my question: why did this revenue take 3 days?)
Some possible explanations I can think of:
- Maybe the customer started a subscription from the App Store subscription page on Oct 15 and didn’t open the app until Oct 18, which is when RC was able to detect the purchase.
- Maybe there’s a reporting/customer history bug in RC?
- Maybe Apple has some arcane/obscure deferred payment plan that I’m not familiar with.
Does anyone know what causes this behaviour? Looking for some insight to see if I need to fix anything on my end. Thank you!
Best answer by jazmineView original