Solved

Webhook/event for a billing issue being resolved

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

We have noticed that there are no webhooks for when a user’s billing issue gets resolved in the app store/play store. This means that currently when we are looking at user events streams we are not actually able to tell if a user still has a subscription or not until we receive either a renewal event or an expiration event. I was wondering if there is something we are missing and if there is some way to know when a billing issue has been successfully resolved.

Many thanks,

Lydia

icon

Best answer by tina 22 March 2022, 23:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Lydia 

That’s correct that we do not have a specific “billing issue resolved” webhook event. A RENEWAL event will indicate that the billing issue has been fixed, while an EXPIRATION event will inform you that the billing issue has not been resolved. 

You should take a look at the expiration_at_ms field to determine when the user is expected to lose access (assuming you have grace periods enabled). 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @tina ,

Ok thank you for the info. Do you think this is something that might be worked on in future or is it just not possible?

Thanks,

Lydia

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @Lydia! I’ll share this with the product team for feedback but it looks like as of now there’s no plan to add a billing_issue_resolved event. Like Tina said I think this would be almost identical to a renewal event following a billing issue. Any customer that had a renewal or trial conversion after a billing issue you could assume resolved it. Is there another use case you had in mind?