Question

Viewing expired customers: list shows customers who have NOT yet expired?

• 2 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi - I’m using a custom customer list (app.revenuecat.com/lists) to try to detect customers whose subscription to a certain product has expired. My filters are:

All customers (Slower)

Latest Product contains ‘[my product here]’

Status is Expired

Email is null (likely irrelevant to my question)

My problem is that this list regularly contains customers whose subscription hasn’t actually expired! The list will say ‘status: expired’ for all of them, but for many of them when I click in to the specific customer, it shows (accurately) that their entitlement for the product in question is NOT expired, and will renew soon. (The ‘entitlements’ section says ‘Subscription renews on [date]’). If I check the list again after that date passes, the customer is no longer on the ‘expired’ list. 

I think (but am not 100% sure) that this is happening when the customer is within 24 hours of renewing? Like it marks them as ‘expired’ when they’re 24 hours away from an auto-renewal, then after that 24 hours, it goes back to ‘active’.

This is really messing up my lists, because now I have to check each customer to see if they’re actually expired or fake expired. Is this a RevenueCat bug, or am I doing something wrong with how I’m creating the list?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Solving internally, will update here with solution