Question

Urgent help needed - PurchaseNotAllowedError(3, "The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase.")

• 20 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

We are currently facing an issue with our mobile application, on payment rejections for subscriptions paid in Brazilian Real (BRL). This problem has persisted for approximately four months and exclusively affects payments made in BRL, as payments in USD and other currencies process without issue. 

To aid in your investigation, here are some details from our recent analysis:

Technical Details

1. Error Code: PurchaseNotAllowedError(3, "The device or user is not allowed to make the purchase.")

2. Error details: debugMessage: '', code: 'E_SERVICE_ERROR',responseCode: 3 }

3. Details: This was tested in app, on emulators. Also using test and real credit cards.

Have you seen this error before? I dug through forums but wasn't able to locate a solution.

This post has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey @garima-chandra-aee97d,

This error can be due to a few reasons that we have seen reported in the past:

1. First, double check that you’ve configured everything correctly in Google Play Console by reviewing this guide: https://www.revenuecat.com/docs/getting-started/entitlements/android-products It’s possible the product was not made available in Brazil.
  2. It’s possible that the emulator you used had a glitch. Try wiping and resetting the emulator or create a completely new one: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/managing-avds
  3. Check the Google account’s permissions. Make sure it doesn’t have any parental controls or anything like that.
  4. Make sure the country of the account, the device, and the Play Store all match. We have received reports that a mismatch in any of these can cause the device to not be able to make purchases.

Unfortunately the issue is a Google one, and the trick is to find what’s causing it. RevenueCat will never prevent a purchase from completing, which means that error comes straight from Google because they found that they can’t allow the account to make the purchase. I hope the above tips help, let me know how it goes.