Solved

Testing RevenueCat / Stripe Integration

• 24 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I’m hitting a bit of a wall getting the RevenueCat/Stripe integration up and running, mainly because I haven’t found a good path for testing test/sandbox subscriptions. I can do testing against Stripe Live, but that isn’t really a good solution..

Stripe seems to only allow installation of the RC App in Live mode. It also appears that RC only allows one Stripe integration per project, meaning that I can only have one webhook config for Stripe with one Stripe webhook secret. 

I don’t want to (lol), but it seems like I could:

1. Create a second RC project and attach the Stripe Test webhook there.
  2. Proxy the Stripe Test web hooks, and forward them onto RC. I haven’t tested this, so I haven’t verified if the checks on RC endpoint would allow these coming from a different source.
  3. Test in Stripe Live mode.

Do I have any better options? I’m hoping I’ve just missed something that makes this really easy.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by phil-matthew 25 August 2023, 23:04

View original

4 replies

Badge +3

So, it looks like my experience using Braintree for subscriptions for a good number of years may have caused me to look at RC/Stripe webhooks as the main point of contact between the two platforms. Using the Rest API to tell RC about the new subscription from our server as described here solved my issues. Gotta read that documentation...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @phil-matthew!

Thanks for following up and glad to hear things are working now!

That’s correct- you’ll need to first inform RevenueCat of the subscription by pairing the user ID with the subscription token in a request to our POST /receipts endpoint. From that point on, we’ll keep the transaction in sync with Stripe.

Stripe seems to only allow installation of the RC App in Live mode. It also appears that RC only allows one Stripe integration per project, meaning that I can only have one webhook config for Stripe with one

How did you make it work without having the RC App installed in test mode?

Like @ibraheem-saleem-1ac8f7 I would really like to know how to use Stripe’s test mode when testing!

For example, the product id’s in Stripe vary between test mode and live mode. Do we need to create two products in RC, one for live mode and one for test mode?