Solved

Template 4 - Persian - Image Upload Issue

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, when adding an image to the template no matter what size or aspect ratio I choose it crops the image to a small portion of the top centre of the image. Can you recommend the correct image size to use please?

icon

Best answer by Michael Fogel 8 December 2023, 19:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @gym-plan !

We’ll center and scale the image to fit, regardless of its aspect ratio, so we recommend using source images that are appropriate for the area of the template they cover. 

For the template you’re using, the image spans the full background, so as long as you use an image that roughly mirrors the aspect ratio of an iPhone it should behave as expected and fit properly. I recommend Possibly cropping the orignal image to fit on an iphone template, then using that image size and cropped image as your uploaded image to the paywall. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Badge +3

Sorry for the late reply I thought this was resolved by a separate issue but on that specific template there’s no combination of resolutions I try that I could get to position how I wanted it. 

In the end I grabbed your demo image and used that exact size then edited our image to make it work.  

It’s only template so far that isn’t intuitive to set up. If I were to crop the bottom blank area of that image to be closer to the area of the template it covers, it looks like this. 

Anyhow, we’ve got 4 versions ready to test now using the templates you offer. What a great new feature, thanks! Looking forward to endless A/B testing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @gym-plan !

Thanks for the kind words! The team is constantly working on improving these paywalls so I will pass that feedback along to the team. 

Have a great rest of you week and let us know if you have any other questions!