Solved

Subscription cancelled due to a billing error

• 16 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve had two instances so far with this Subscription cancelled due to a billing error:

There’s no more info about the billing error in details. How do I debug this? What could have been the cause? 

Thanks ahead!

icon

Best answer by Heath 16 December 2021, 20:25

View original

4 replies

Badge +6

I don’t think Apple or Google expose the actual reason for the error to developers. It can be an expired card or insufficient funds. I would recommend sending an email to the user with a deep link to the subscription manager (iOS settings) or play store so they can update their card.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am testing with Sandbox account and I get the same. First subscription is OK (it’s a monthly one) then it gets renewed once and the third time it gets cancellation due to billing error. What’s the reason for this? I don’t think the always accept CC used for testing is denied or something.

Badge +7

>I am testing with Sandbox account and I get the same. First subscription is OK (it’s a monthly one) then it gets renewed once and the third time it gets cancellation due to billing error. What’s the reason for this? 

Same problem but sometimes. 

Badge +6

Same here, with sandbox user. We have sandbox users which happen always and other ones that succeed without issues