Question

service account roles

• 1 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

The docs at https://meet.google.com/ayp-nghg-vfj?hs=146&authuser=1 say that I should add the roles “Pub/Sub Admin” and “Monitoring Viewer”, but I don’t see those in the list of available roles. How can I add those roles?

6 replies

Badge +2

I deleted my service and then recreated it. This time I selected the roles BEFORE clicking DONE. Previously I tried to add the roles after creating the service and couldn’t find those specific roles. But I could find them if I added them before clicking DONE.

Badge +2

Still not out of the woods though. Now selecting “Manage keys” to download my key says “Failed to load the service account. I wonder if this is because my new service has the same name as the previous one that I deleted.

Badge +2

The message also says “Please check that both the service account ID and project ID are valid. But how would I know what valid IDs look like? I don’t see anything labelled as “service account ID” or “project  ID”. I do see “Key ID” and mine says “Failed to load”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @R. Mark Volkmann 

We recommend adding the roles before creating the service account, which looks like what you’ve done here. I haven’t heard of that error before, I’m also curious if it has to do with the service name being the same name. Can you share a full screenshot of what you’re seeing here? Be sure to redact any sensitive information.

Badge +2

Here are screenshots showing my one entitlement, offering, and product.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @R. Mark Volkmann 

Can you share screenshots of the errors you’re receiving for the service account?